zone file problems.

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Tue Apr 11 14:47:03 UTC 2000

In article <Pine.LNX.4.21.0004112008200.8268-100000 at trinity.cebu.pilnet.com>,
Michael Vincent K. Pozon - CompE <vince at trinity.cebu.pilnet.com> wrote:

>i think  you have to request a reverse dns delegation from where you
>requested the ip block, APNIC , ARIN , etc

What does reverse DNS have to do with this thread?

>On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Brad wrote:
>
>>  A friend of mine wants to delegate their .com.au domain to my dns, but ina
>> are saying there is errors. thats why I am trying to sort it out. I coudn't
>> find any 'obvious' errors either. diagnostics software, other websites and
>> dig seem to say the nameservers ARE authoritive....Its just them, and with
>> that error it disallows delegation... *shrugs*

As I wrote to Brad in private email (*please* don't send me private email
if you're also posting to the newsgroup -- you'd think that in response to
the enormous amount of free consulting I provide people would be nice
enough to respect my wishes and not cause me to have to reply *twice*), the
domain on the web page wasn't a .com.au domain.  So it appears that what I
checked yesterday wasn't the domain that he's getting errors about.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA