Zone transfer not complete

Scotty Kasbohm kasbohm at tma.com
Fri Apr 7 15:28:56 UTC 2000

I'm running a primary DNS with bind-8.2.2p5 slackware 7
and a secondary with bind-8.2.2p5 slackware ? ( kernel 2.0.33)

I compiled and installed 8.2.2p5 on the secondary and applied the
slackware 7.0 bind patch on the primary
and now the zone tranfers won't finish. They start doing the transfer,
but all I get on the secondary is 0 byte
files for my domain and in-addr.arpa . Before I applied the patch to the
primary I COULD do a transfer manaully, but now neither will finish.
There doesn't seem to be any errors when I run them in debug. This is
driving me bananas!  The primary will send a NOTIFY. The secondary will
recieve it and send an AXPR resquest. The primary will acknowledge and
supposedly send the RR's but it just doesn't show up. Just the 0 byte
files.