CNAME's failing to resolve properly

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Fri Apr 7 14:55:39 UTC 2000

In article <38EDA725.739D8F9B at lts.co.uk>,
Daniel Hawkins  <dan at lts.co.uk> wrote:
>$ORIGIN rnjobs.co.uk.
>
>www     IN      CNAME       theroya02.uuhost.uk.uu.net

I can't tell why, but ns0.hatters.org.uk doesn't seem to be able to
communicate with ns0-u.dns.pipex.net or ns1-u.dns.pipex.net, the servers
for the uuhost.uk.uu.net domain.  After it finds the CNAME record, it tries
to do a recursive lookup of theroya02.uuhost.uk.uu.net, but since it can't
talk to those servers it doesn't get an answer.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA