Public DNS Problems and LAMER NEWBIE questions

bobokisama at my-deja.com bobokisama at my-deja.com
Mon Apr 3 12:14:08 UTC 2000

Ok, problem I am having is that even though I
have updated it 50 times, and it works for a
whole day after changes are made, my domain keeps
reverting back to an old ip! I've even tried to
make changes in both primary and secondary. Same
thing, works a whole day then reverts back. And
90% of the time it doesn't even resolve. Now i
know my entrys are correct, its been working in
the past for a good 5 months, with no problems.
boboki.com.       IN  A  216.77.249.63
is the entry that I use.. I cannot see why it
would not work. Another thing is that on some
systems it resolves and some others it does not.
I.E Sometimes it will resolve (correct ip or not)
on my frineds system and not mine.

And now I am also trying to figure out a sure
fire way to do this before I mess with settings,
but how can I set up a dynamic ip in my dns
record?
Is it possible to put something like:
boboki.com. IN A boboki.homeip.net.

that way I can make all updates to
boboki.homeip.net (which is instant) and have
them show up on boboki.com automatically!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.