(no subject)

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Sun Apr 2 20:43:43 UTC 2000

    Peter> Hi!  I have upgraded my bind to 8.2.2-P5 from 8.2.1, and I
    Peter> have got the following error messages in my log files:

    >> Apr 2 08:03:36 omega inetd[11451]: fs/tcp: bind: Address already in use

This has nothing to do with the DNS. inetd was unable to set up a TCP
socket that's listening on the port you've defined for the fs service
(whatever that is). The reason it was unable to do this was that
something else was already using that port number.

    >> Apr 2 08:07:11 omega named-xfer[12165]: [193.6.5.33] not authoritative for iit.uni-miskolc.hu, SOA query got rcode 0, aa 0, ancount 1, aucount 0

The name server on 193.6.5.133 was not authoritative for the
iit.uni-miskolc.hu zone. Therefore named-xfer on your name server
was unable to perform a zone transfer for that zone.