Bind 8.2.2P5 on FreeBSD 4.0

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at freebsd.org
Sun Apr 2 13:48:01 UTC 2000

-On [20000401 10:40], Rinaldi Ariesta R (rinaldi at ee.itb.ac.id) wrote:
>Does Bind 8.2.2.P5 run well on FreeBSD 4.0 ? I tried to upgrade my O/S
>and my Bind version, but the named didn't run well....It failed to load
>its old configuration,  and i couldn't even list the primary zone using
>nslookup...

FreeBSD 4 includes 8.2.2-p5 in its base system.

We run our nameservers on a base 4-STABLE with some ns_notify  patches I
made from 8.2.3

>Is there anybody who has experience in installing Bind 8.2.2 P5 under
>FreeBSD 4.0 ? I really need some advices now...

Like I said, it's in the base system.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          Network- and systemadministrator
<asmodai at bart.nl>                      VIA NET.WORKS The Netherlands