forwarders

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Sat Apr 1 08:49:41 UTC 2000

%
% I probably did not express myself quite right.  I am 100% for things being standardized, and RFCs and IETF.
% The thought was that we are seeing more and more non-RFC features put into the actual DNS products out there - bind
% and others and suddenly we are able to do lots of things with DNS that we could not before.  My hope is that the ietf
% follows-up on this, so that these new (some very useful)  features gets 'standardized'.  Sorry if I upset anyone, not intended.
% Multimaster DNS was just one example (some are actually changing the bind dns with microsoft dns when
% they roll-out win2000)
% Johnny

what features do you think are out there and not in the IETF process?
multimaster DNS is an -old- idea.
microsoft has a DNS implementation that is "genetically" diverse from BIND. this is a good thing.

--
--bill