IRIX questions

Bob Remeika bob at i2net.com
Thu Sep 30 01:33:10 UTC 1999

Rob,

	Once again, thanks for the help.  I found the BIND executable in
/usr/freeware/bin.  Its the 8.2.1 version because I typed "./named" and it
asked for the /etc/named.conf file.  I found the compiler as well in that
directory.  Makes me wonder if I always had these things and I was just
looking in the wrong directory. :)

	Well, I did have another question about the compiler.  I made a simple
hello world C app that used stdio.h.  The compiler told me that it could not
find that file.  On the freeware.sgi.com website it tells you this (for the
problem symptom and solution):

Problem
=======
file.c:1: stdio.h: No such file or directory

Solution
========
You haven't installed the IRIX standard headers. You may find them in IRIX
inside irix_dev.sw.headers or in the compiler/development CD in
compiler_dev.hdr.lib.

Where can I find the irix_dev.sw.headers because Im pretty sure we dont have
the compiler/developement CD?  And how would I install them?

As you can see, when it comes to UNIX, Im not very experienced, so I really
appreciate your help.

Thanks again,
Bob Remeika