Restarting Bind via ASP

Stanley Liu stanley.liu at tmca.com.au
Wed Sep 29 23:54:19 UTC 1999

<Self-Indulgence>
I just love this newsgroup concept.  No wonder Internet took off like a
rocket.  In regard to DNS & BIND, I am just a novice in every sense of the
word.  But voila, I am contributing to this newsgroup!!
</Self-Indulgence>

I use ADSI & ASP to "bounce" BIND for NT (DNS.asp):

<%
   DNSNetbiosName = "DNS1"
%>
<header>
<title>Bounce <%=DNSNetbiosName%>
</title>
</header>
<%
   Set oService = GetObject("WinNT://" & DNSNetbiosName & "/DomainNameService")

   If request.form("StartDNS")="Start" Then
      oService.start
      Response.write(DNSNetbiosName & " has been started")
   End If
   If request.form("StopDNS")="Stop" Then
      oService.stop
      Response.write(DNSNetbiosName & " has been stoped")
   End If
   Set oService=nothing
%>
<form method="POST" action="DNS.asp">
type="submit" value="Stop" name="StopDNS"></p>
</form>

/stanley
stanley.liu at tmca.com.au