HELP FOR MICROSOFT DNS MANAGER

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Tue Sep 28 19:17:14 UTC 1999

> I am trying to set up a DNS server on my WINNT  4.0 server but I am not able
> to start the microsoft DNS server from the services in the Control Panel.
> When I try to start it manually  I get the error:
>
> "Could not start the Microsoft DNS Server service on \\WEBSREVER
> Error 0002: The system cannot find teh file specified"
>
> It's a great problem for our Web Page an internet surfer must use the IP
> number (195.103.39.98) to reach our site.
>

> can someone suggest me  for a course that can teach me everything there is
> to know about DNS?

Since this is a BIND forum, the natural answer is: forget about MS DNS
and use BIND.  A v8 will be available soon.

Several of the people in this mailing list / newsgroup will be happy to
teach your courses.  Look at the .sig's in DejaNews to see who they
are.  E.g., Acme Byte & Wire, acmebw.com.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B