Two quick DNS questions.

Marc-Adrian Napoli marcadrian at cia.com.au
Tue Sep 28 03:02:40 UTC 1999

Hi, 2 quick ones.

1) I know that you can pick a specific domain and do a zone transfer of the
db information for it if that name server
allows zone transfers to anywhere. I'd do this with the nslookup and ls -t
any blah.com.au command. however, is there
any way to query a name server to get *all* the domains that it has db
information for?

I tried ls -t any *.com.au but it didn't work :)

2) Does putting an IP address in the NS section of a zone file of a domain
automatically allow zone transfer to
that IP? I know that I can force it to allow zone-transfers using the
allow-transfer option in named.conf - but will putting
the IP address of that machine in each individual db file allow zone
transfers for that zone?

Thankyou in advance!

Regards,

Marc-Adrian Napoli