Zone transfers and EOF Problem.

Bill Webb wwebb at adni.net
Mon Sep 27 19:38:45 UTC 1999

A dig ... soa +norec returns an authoritative "aa" flag from the master.   A
dig ... axfr to the master returns all the zone data.  Sounds good.   BUT,
when a slave zone is set on another server to that master, an error message
is logged  "premature EOF."   I understand that means there is a problem
with the masters zone file.   All this takes me to the question,  will other
servers be able to query the zone data from the master based on what the dig
results produce, or will the subtle error detected by the slave server be
the type of error that will prevent other servers from loading zone data ?