Mail to my domain bounced, MX record problem?

Cricket Liu cricket at acmebw.com
Fri Sep 24 17:12:08 UTC 1999

Andy Turk <andy_turk.at.hotmail.com at uunet.uu.net> wrote in message
news:<run566mllg777 at corp.supernews.com>...
> I've just set up a domain: lee-turk.com. It seems to work fine for host
> lookup, but mail to that domain bounces. Can anyone give me advice on what
> might be wrong? This is the first time I've ever configured a DNS server,
so
> I've probably made a mistake somewhere.

I take that back.  Your zone data file shows that you have added the MX
record, but the Granite Canyon name servers say it isn't in the zone:

$ dig mx lee-turk.com. +pfmin
;; got answer:
;; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUERY SECTION:
;; lee-turk.com, type = MX, class = IN

Apparently that's because the Granite Canyon name servers haven't
picked up a new copy of lee-turk.com from desmo.lee-turk.com.

cricket

Acme Byte & Wire
cricket at acmebw.com
www.acmebw.com

Attend our next DNS and BIND class!  See
www.acmebw.com/training.htm for the
schedule and to register for upcoming
classes.