using DNS Hinfo to forward emails per email account

Riazati, Roy K. Roy.Riazati at piamerch.com
Tue Sep 21 19:55:21 UTC 1999

Hi Jim, Thanks for the reply,  I understand the HINFO record as it is
described in RFC document and not being used commonly any more, but I know
for fact that at&t used HINFO IN <> and HINFO OUT <> records for redirecting
mail going to their email server mailboxes to different servers at different
domains.

I am using MS exchange as mail server, and even though it allows that
redirection but it does not allow it to be done at server (centralized
location), that is why I was trying to see if some one had seen that type of
configuration using the DNS server.
Thanks again,