How many NS records should be in the 0.0.127.in-addr.arpa zon

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Tue Sep 21 16:50:09 UTC 1999

> I can see you point but surely the server running named will have a
> resolv.conf that names more than one server (not just itself).  A lookup of
> 127.0.0.1 is a resolver issue, not a name server issue.  As long as the
> resolver has more than one name server to query then redundancy is provided
> for or am I missing something here?

You're quite right.  My response yesterday was "shot from the hip" -
and missed the mark.

It had occurred to me that, if 'named' had not yet started, it didn't
matter WHAT was in the local zone file.  ;-)  Oops.

Yes, there should only be one NS record - the local server - in the
127.0.0.1 reverse DNS zone file.  I believe that Mr. C. Liu said this,
yesterday.  ;-)  The redundant resolvers will take care of the other
concerns.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B