round robin not working

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Tue Sep 21 15:04:32 UTC 1999

In article <37e6e32d.0 at news3.paonline.com>,
Andrew Kaplan <noc at cshore.com> wrote:
>I am trying to load balance www.lovegety.com. To this end a second record
>was added for www.lovegety.com
>
>www.lovegety.com.   IN      A       206.165.152.23
>www.lovegety.com.   IN      A       206.165.152.150
>

>However, it appears that only the first IP address is being used the serial
>number has been updated. DIG only shows the first IP address. The old

I see both addresses on all three servers that the domain is delegated to.
How long after updating your primary did you wait before checking the
secondaries?  Your refresh time is set to 1 day, so on average it should
take 12 hours for changes to propagate to the secondaries, unless your
primary server implements the NOTIFY protocol.

>address affilnet.com used to be 206.165.152.152 but it still keeps popping
>up. There is no record for affilenet.com on my primary server. What did I do
>wrong.

I don't see that when I query your primary or either of the secondaries.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com