How many NS records should be in the 0.0.127.in-addr.arpa zone?

Cricket Liu cricket at acmebw.com
Mon Sep 20 15:34:33 UTC 1999

Andy Cranston <Andy.Cranston at RSL-Europe.com> wrote in message
news:<89EE427FF746D211A9260008C71EFE050130615A at basnts01.telcouk.rsl-europe.c
om>...
> According to the DNS and BIND book the zone file for 0.0.127.in-addr.arpa
> should contain an NS record for each server in your domain (see the 3rd
> edition page 67).  First question - is this a correct assumption?

Not really, but before the days of NOTIFY, it didn't matter much.  I'll fix
it for the next edition.  Thanks!

cricket

Acme Byte & Wire
cricket at acmebw.com
www.acmebw.com

Attend our next DNS and BIND class!  See
www.acmebw.com/training.htm for the
schedule and to register for upcoming
classes.