root.zone.gz : could it be used to replace root.hints ?

Olivier M. XM*HVN at technologist.com
Sat Sep 18 12:39:22 UTC 1999

Just had to get the root.cache file, and on ftp://rs.internic.net/domain,
I noticed a few other files. For example, the

root.zone.gz                   - gzipped root zone file

one, which is updated daily, and contains all information for top
level name servers (net, ch, com, fr...).

Would it be a good idea to replace my little root.cache by this
bigger root.zone ? (with daily updates) ? And what about the

inaddr.zone.gz                 - gzipped inaddr zone file

? Didn't found infos about these files in any faq or book.
But if it could speed up my name servers, why not ? :)
If you have some pointers with informations about that, feel
free to post!

Greetings,
Olivier