Proto-FAQ

Bruce Clement kiore at ihug.co.nz.everything.after.first.nz.is.antispam
Sat Sep 18 02:16:29 UTC 1999

Posting cced by email to Bill Larson

Bill Larson <wllarso at swcp.com> wrote in message
news:199909151654.KAA22527 at llama.swcp.com...

GREAT! Thanks Bill. I've been dabbling with home nameservers for a while. A
FAQ like this in the early days would have been a great help to me.

> 3.5 Can I run a name server on a dynamic IP address?

This is what I am doing. The problems are interesting and a lot of them are
outside the DNS server program itself (e.g. finding someone who will point
their nameserver at your ever changing IP address, synchronising the
reloading of bind).

Configuring bind was the easiest part. If nobody more experienced can be
found to write up how it's done officially I'm prepared to share my
experiences with the newsgroup.

--
The internet doesn't exist, it is merely an illusion in the minds of
routers.