anonymous DNS

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Tue Sep 14 13:57:35 UTC 1999

In article <37DD9ED0.B24C44D8 at yahoo.com>, CK  <prankoth at yahoo.com> wrote:
>Currently I have a few domains registered on our servers.  When we
>registered them, we inputted dns1.ourserver.com and dns2.ourserver.com
>for the primary and secondary.  What would I have to do to change this.
>I want their WHOIS output to be:
>
>dns1.theirserver.com
>dns2.theirserver.com
>
>I only have 2 servers doing dns for us.  They are,
>
>dns1.ourserver.com
>dns2.ourserver.com
>
>If I add another ip address to the hostname we currently use and than
>add an alias to that ip, would that work?  I am not sure and I have a
>client who is quite curious about this matter.  Thanks for your

I believe Network Solutions is no longer registering new aliases in the
WHOIS database; we're a Premiere customer (or Gold, or something like that)
and they wouldn't do it for us when we asked last month.  And even when
they do register aliases, the primary name is always the one that shows up
in the WHOIS records for domains that use it.

>assistance, and again, sorry to bother you on vacation.

Huh?  Who's on vacation, and why do you think your message is going
directly to him?

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com