Probelem with the clients - MICHAEL VOIGHT COMMENT

Cris Rhea crhea at mayo.edu
Tue Sep 14 13:15:49 UTC 1999

> FYI, I've been doing this since the early 80's...  I'm trying to
> affect change where I see a need.  When I first started this, the
> spirit was one of a helpful nature.  That is no longer always the
> case.
>
> Malacai

While I don't disagree with your overall theme that some of the responses
are getting a bit rude and less than helpful, I *am* tired of sorting through
many postings per day where the poster:

- Hasn't read the documentation that came with the BIND distribution.

- Hasn't read the FAQ.

- Hasn't read the message logs on the system for BIND errors.

- Hasn't even done a basic search on dejanews or pick-your-favorite-web-search-
  engine to see if they could find the answer themselves.

- Posts a question without giving *any* specific details, config files,
  or error messages.

There are a lot of folks on this list (myself included) who will gladly help
those who are stumped by a problem- BUT I expect the poster to have at least
*tried* to solve the problem themselves for more than 5 minutes before
posting a question on the 'net.....

--- Cris

My opinions, not my employer's...