Granitecanyon.com problems

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Mon Sep 13 15:36:49 UTC 1999

In article <Pine.GSO.4.10.9909121128001.8486-100000 at aloha.cc.columbia.edu>,
Mike Schiraldi  <mgs21 at columbia.edu> wrote:
>I was wondering if someone could take a look at my configuration on
>granitecanyon.com and let me know if i've made a mistake. I've been waiting
>since September 3 for www.theblueandwhite.org to resolve to 128.59.233.21, and
>i figure i must be doing something wrong. I've gone through all the help on
>granitecanyon's web page, as well as a whole slew of DNS resources, but still i
>have no clue. Anyway, here's my config:

Your config on granitecanyon.com is fine.  The problem is that the root
servers still list your old DNS servers.  ns2.granitecanyon.com has been
down for some time, and the bold98.org servers don't transfer from
ns1.granitecanyon.com.

I'm not sure why the root servers have this out-of-date NS information.
The WHOIS record was updated on Wednesday so it should have been loaded
onto the root servers on Thursday night.  I think you need to contact NSI
to find out what's wrong.

; <<>> DiG 2.2 <<>> theblueandwhite.org ns @a.root-servers.net
; (1 server found)
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr rd; Ques: 1, Ans: 3, Auth: 0, Addit: 3
;; QUESTIONS:
;;	theblueandwhite.org, type = NS, class = IN

;; ANSWERS:
theblueandwhite.org.	172800	NS	NS2.GRANITECANYON.COM.
theblueandwhite.org.	172800	NS	NS1.BOLD98.ORG.
theblueandwhite.org.	172800	NS	NS2.BOLD98.ORG.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com