BIND - how predominant?

Walt walt at web-3.com
Wed Sep 8 21:11:53 UTC 1999

At 11:37 PM 8/29/99 -0700, Michael Milligan wrote:

>Walt <walt at web-3.com> wrote in message
>news:4.1.19990827214759.00b50100 at mail.t6.net...
> > I was running Bind... but now I run DNS on Microsoft.  It is rock solid.
> > The graphical interface and remote administration make it easy to
>administer.
> >

>And how many zones do you have?  1 with 10 records?  :-)
>
>Regards,
>Mike
>
>--
>Michael Milligan - Acme Byte & Wire LLC - milli at acmebw.com

I fail to see the need for the snide remark....!  However, to answer your
question,  I have about 40 zones pointing to about 90 IP addresses.   I run
a primary with two secondaries.

Has your experience been less that good?  How did you configure it?  What
version of NT? How long ago?

I know that NT DNS had a well deserved bad rap.  In my estimation, that is
no longer true. If you have evidence to the contrary, I'd be happy to hear it.

Thanks....

Walt