unapporved update

Barry Finkel b19141 at achilles.ctd.anl.gov
Wed Sep 8 16:04:28 UTC 1999

Michael Voight wrote:
>So, doesn't this mean you simply need a DNS server that supports
>RFC2052, and not really a WIN 2000 DNS box.

Technically, you are correct.  But practically, I know of no other
DNS implementation (besides M$) that has implemented 2052 (or 2052bis).
BIND does not support it, and I have not heard of plans to do so.

Thanks for sending me a cc: of these responses; I am subscribed in
DIGEST mode, and otherwise I would not see today's traffic until
tomorrow morning.
Barry S. Finkel
Electronics and Computing Technologies Division
9700 South Cass Avenue               Facsimile:+1 (630) 252-9689
Building 221, Room B236              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov