unapporved update

Cricket Liu cricket at acmebw.com
Wed Sep 8 15:27:24 UTC 1999

Barry Finkel <b19141 at achilles.ctd.anl.gov> wrote in message
news:<199909081515.KAA24059 at achilles.ctd.anl.gov>...
> The MAJOR problem is this - RFC 2052 is listed as "experimental", and
> the last time I checked, 2052bis had not yet been released from the IETF
> working group.  The ONLY implementation of 2052 is the Microsoft
> DNS that comes with Windows 2000, and I am not about to replace my
> BIND 8.1.2 with a MS DNS.  I do not want all of the future Windows 2000
> boxes on campus here doing dynamic updates to our BIND DNS zones.

That's just plain wrong.  SRV records have been supported in BIND since
4.9.5.  I have several customers using Windows 2000 clients and DCs with
BIND.

cricket

Acme Byte & Wire
cricket at acmebw.com
www.acmebw.com

Attend our next DNS and BIND class!  See
www.acmebw.com/training.htm for the
schedule and to register for upcoming
classes.