After inserting 2nd NIC my cable modem stops working

Chris Dickens chrisdickens at my-deja.com
Wed Sep 8 11:46:12 UTC 1999

Chris:

Thanks so much for your assistance, I think it's all because I thought
I could set it up without telling @Home of my new MAC address.  I have
finally found someone with Intermedia at Home that may be able to get my
new modem provisioned.  The problem was originally that the router
would not connect to the cable network after finding both the upstream
and downstream carrier's on the cable line, it'd get T3 Timeouts or
DHCP Watchdog timeouts on my "show contr cable 0 mac errors" while
initializing and would consequently give up trying to get on the
network.

I'll be in touch by e-mail if you wouldn't mind I retain your
assistance at a future time though. 8-)

Thanks!
--Chris