3 mail servers on one domain

Christian Krackowizer kra1 at technodat.co.at
Wed Sep 8 06:36:30 UTC 1999

At 14:31 07.09.1999 +0300, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>  I have 3 unix machines each one has different users than the other ..
>The problem is that I want all the users on the 3 machines to receive
>their mails as   username at mydomain     .. so how can I configure the mx
>in my  DNS machine. Shall I put the 3 machines in the mx record in my
>DNS .... or how can I manage such thing?
>Thanks in advance for any reply or comment
>
>-- Emad

well, if you add 3 MX records, you will have to manage accounts for all
users on all 3 machines.
better, just use 1 MX for one machine and on this machine use sendmail's
(or other SMTP server's) 'alias' file to distribute to the desired machines.

Christian Krackowizer

| Krackowizer Christian               mailto:kra1 at technodat.co.at |
| TECHNODAT                           Phone: ++43-(0)662-454944-0 |
| CAD/CAM - Systeme fuer Moebel GmbH  FAX:   ++43-(0)662-454944-9 |
| Jakob-Haringer-Strasse 6            http://www.technodat.co.at/ |
| A-5020 Salzburg / Austria                                       |