BIND 8.2.1 Hangs - NDC fails

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Wed Sep 8 05:11:09 UTC 1999

In article <Pine.LNX.4.10.9909080037260.15487-100000 at brodie.two-four.com>,
Adam D. Burstein <adam at register.com> wrote:
>We are also getting a lot of unauthorized updates (which I would like to

Others have reported named hanging in conjunction with lots of these.  It
sounds like there may be a bug, but it hasn't been tracked down.

>prevent, if someone could please advise me on how to deny incoming
>non-query traffic -- is that even possible?).

If it says unauthorized, then they *are* being denied.  If you mean
something like a router filter, you can't do it there -- as far as the
header fields are concerned, this looks just like any other DNS packet.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com