Conf. for multiple domains in 1 IP address space

Connie Minnick minniccr at jmu.edu
Mon Sep 6 11:35:47 UTC 1999

I'm new to configuring DNS, and I need to do the following:

I have one IP address space, and will have two top level domains in that
address space that I need to do nameservices for.

There are already some existing SUBdomains and I understand how they are
done, but I'm confused how to make two top domains with the same address
space.  Does the new domain have to reside on a subnet all its own like
our current subdomains do?

Any help in configuring the named.boot file would be greatly
appreciated.

Connie Minnick
James Madison University