DNS stopped working

Jason Rotunno rotunnoj at mail.med.upenn.edu
Thu Sep 2 21:44:08 UTC 1999

Greg Chavez (greg at capu.net) wrote:

: On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Joseph S D Yao wrote:

: > > Joseph S D Yao (jsdy at cospo.osis.gov) wrote:
: > ..
: > > : Given these symptoms, the first thing to do is check and see whether
: > > : you've paid your domain bill.  It sounds like your domain's parent is
: > > : no longer referring to your name server.
: > >
: > > I actually thought of that because I haven't paid the bill.  I did a
: > > whois on my domain and it's still existent and lists my box as the
: > > nameserver.  Even though this is the case is it what you said a possibility?
: >
: > YES.  Archives contain more info.

: More specifically:

:   http://payments.networksolutions.com

: If a bill comes up for your domain, you need to pay.

ok, i payed so i'll just see what happens from here.  i'll follow up if
this wasn't the problem.  thanks for the replies.