NT to Sun lookup

Michael Voight mvoight at cisco.com
Thu Sep 2 15:01:39 UTC 1999

1. Is domain set on the NT in the Network Settings?

2. If domain is DHCP assigned, you need Service Pack 5 for nslookup bug.
NT bug: nslookup will not use DHCP assigned domain name before SP5
Resolver should still work in this case. When you ping host by name, do
they resolve? Additionally, a fully qualified name should also resolve..
Does it?

3. If it is not 1 or 2 Do this:

nslookup
> set all  (this will display the search list and domain name used)
> set d2   (debug mode)

then email the results.

Michael Voight