Deny??

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Sep 1 20:41:42 UTC 1999

Short of filing a "larceny by conversion" criminal complaint, I don't think
there is any way to actually stop them listing your nameservers. (I'm not a
lawyer, though, so what do I know?)

On the assumption that the queries will keep on coming, then:

        If you wanted to be nice, you could set up that zone as
forwarding-only to
        their nameservers. Then the answers would be authoritative. But you'd
still
        be wasting your resources for their benefit.

        If you wanted to be naughty, set up the zone and put bogus information
in it,
        perhaps the addresses of porno web sites, hate-group web sites, your
own
        created-for-the-purpose web site, whatever. Maybe after enough
complaints
        they'll get the hint and stop listing your nameservers.

Of course, the most civilized thing is to just talk to the admins of the
domain...

                                                                   - Kevin