subdomain problem

Michael Voight mvoight at cisco.com
Wed Sep 1 19:16:49 UTC 1999

What we are saying it is difficult to help without information.
No one asaid you were stupid. I suggested we didn't have enough
information to see the problem. So, fine, I won't help.

Michael

hoyoung at us.ibm.com wrote:

> Please, people... if you want to help, great!  Otherwise, don't bother
> insult/abuse us who ask questions.  Remember, everyone was once "stupid".  I
> don't believe you are the exception of the rules.
>
> Btw, I work on fireware and know and done what you suggested.  But rules are
> rules, they aren't made by me and wont' be broken by me, either.
>
> Thanks and appreciate all your help!
> H. D
>
> > Could anyone tell me what I'm missing here?
>
> Incomplete zone information
> ---the crucial and necessary zone info is there

No, it isn't

> No named.boot or named.conf info
> ---very basic...not sure even need to look into this.  Possitive they are
> correct of no error.

Even postive people make mistakes.

> No log messages
> No query results from nslookup or dig
> ---As i said, nslookup result is no ip(x.x.x.x) found and server failed.

OK, server failed is a valid message. But we have no clue about whether
this ip address is the ip address of the auth server.
Was the reverse zone delegated to you?