WIN2K Server Beta - DNS Server causing bind 8.2.1 to core dump

Jeff Taylor jefft at ou.edu
Wed Sep 1 01:56:04 UTC 1999

All,

One of my more industrious residence hall occupants has stumbled across a
way to cause my bind 8.2.1 server to core dump. On his WIN2K server, he was
trying to run a dns server as a slave to my master. Since I have several
people running slaves that I do not have NS records for, I thought it would
not be a problem. But, when he tries to do a zone transfer, bind dumps with
an fgets() error. I have sent a gdb trace in a bug report.

Jeff