Sometimes it doesn't pay to be Mr. DNS

nss## at vnet.net nss## at vnet.net
Sun Oct 31 00:55:29 UTC 1999

In <016701bf1eb1$8baa4620$b577a8ce at boulder.acmebw.com>, "Cricket Liu" <cricket at acmebw.com> writes:
>Okay, it never pays, because it's a free service, but sometimes it sucks
>more than others.

What would really suck is not having you do what you do for the rest of us
poor DNS wanabes.

>Someone remind me why we do this again?

I get the impression you do it because you like helping people who take the
initiative to learn DNS.  I read your old book on DNS and now I'm reading
the new Bind 8 book from scratch because I (for the first time) am going
to be actively participating in upgrading our DNS to 8.2.x.  Needless
to say, this is a scary picture for a DNS novice, but thanks to you and the
other knowledgeable people who contribute their time helping poor wannabes
like me, I have a chance of making it work!

Too all, Thanks!

Best Regards,
Tom....