Secondary updates on bind 8.1.2 solaris 7 X86

Jim Reid jim at mpn.cp.philips.com
Sat Oct 30 21:43:14 UTC 1999

    Greg> Is there a command I can run on solaris that will tell me if
    Greg> there are any sentax errors in named.conf.

No. However you can use cat or more on the name server's log files and
watch what gets printed there when you start named. This of course
assumes that you have configured syslog correctly. By default named
uses the syslog LOG_DAEMON facility code, so consult whatever file
(usually /var/log/daemon or something like that) that syslogd uses for
those messages.