Pls help! DNS is not world-readable!!!

jhfoo dtamcc at magix.com.sg
Sat Oct 30 07:55:52 UTC 1999

Hello all,

I have a problem getting the world to query my DNS. My domain name is
registered. I know the records at InterNIC are correct because when I
put an NT DNS on the DNS IP, the domain is world-readable. But when I
put a BIND 8 (for Linux) DNS on the same IP, the domain is not working.

The odd thing is that if host machiens set their primary DNS to this DNS
IP, they can see the domain!

What do you think is the problem? The following are scripts from my
BIND8 server:
Please give me some advice. You are my only hope!

this is the named.conf file:
/*
 * A simple BIND 8 configuration
 */

options {
        directory "/etc/named";
};

logging {
        category lame-servers { null; };
        category cname { null; };
};

zone "dtasia.com" in {
        type master;
 allow-query any;
        file "dtasia.hosts";

};

zone "240.223.42.202.in-addr.arpa" in {
        type master;
 allow-query any;
        file "dtasia.rev";
};

zone "." in {
        type hint;
 file "db.cache";
};

zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" in {
        type master;
        file "named.local";
};

this is the /etc/named/dtasia.hosts file:

dtasia.com. IN SOA dns.dtasia.com. administrator.dtasia.com. (
    1 ; serial
    10800 ; refresh after 3 hours
    3600 ; retry after 1 hour
    604800 ; expire after 1 week