Bind 4.9.7 for HP-UX

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Thu Oct 28 21:24:08 UTC 1999

> Hey does anyone know where I can get a copy of Bind 4.9.7 for HP-UX?  I tried HP
> but no one seems to have a clue there.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

First off, you really should get an 8.*, and preferably 8.2.2.  It is
available in source form from www.isc.org [and ftp.isc.org].

Did you try the HP User's Group?  I forget their name, but they're very
active in the DC-Baltimore area.  Let's see ... I don't have it here.
But they had a large list of available software.

8.1.2.  That's better than nothing.

Here we go ... Interex ... http://www.interex.org/tech/csl/csl.html has
a GCC, so you can compile BIND, but not BIND ... it's not in the free
software library at ftp://hpux.cae.wisc.edu ... sorry, you're OOL.

www.marug.org doesn't seem to have a software library, but maybe they
could provide pointers.

Actually, I have an HP-UX 9.05 running 4.9.7 [which is why I had some
of these hanging around], but it's magically turning into an HP-UX
10.20 running 8.2.2 ASAP.  And you probably don't want a 9.05 binary,
and shouldn't be running 4.9.7 anyway.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B