Secondary updates on bind 8.1.2 solaris 7 X86

S0LARlSTEK at aol.com S0LARlSTEK at aol.com
Thu Oct 28 05:15:07 UTC 1999

As you guys know bind 8.1.2 comes in Solaris 7 from SUN.  Although I am
having a major problem with my secondary updating from the primary name
server.  Here is what is happening.

My secondary is just not updating new zones.  It seems that every zone that
has an ns record and a SOA record that is the same it will not update.  Also
my secondary wont seem to update its own .db file in fact it wont even make
the jtinternet.com.db file at all.  Here is a good example.  nslookup into
ns1.websgt.net and look up the zone networkamerica.org.  At the same time
nslookup into ns2.jtinternet.com and lookup the same zone and it will not be
updated.  I have been checking the /var/adm/messages file in both the primary
and the secondary.  I can't find anything telling me why the zones won't
update.  I have completely debugged my named.conf files so I know that is not
the problem.  I have updated serial numbers now I am stuck and not sure what
to do.

Is there a bug in bind 8.1.2 that may not be allowing my secondary to get
updates when the SOA is the same as one of the NS records in the same .db
file?

Greg