Securing BIND8

David Slattery djslatte at mitre.org
Wed Oct 27 19:21:04 UTC 1999

Hi all,

	Is there a way to configure a BIND 8.X server to
act as follows:

Quires from "INTERNET" = NS only responses to what it is
authoritative on.

Quires form "MYNETWORK" = NS will answer iterative and
recursive queries.

I read "Using BIND: Don't get spoofed again By Matt Larson and Cricket Liu" and
know you can do it with two different name servers.
But can you do this with just one nameserver?

Thanks allot,
-Dave

--
=Opinions are my own of course, not necessarily those of my employer=

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: djslatte.vcf
-- Desc: Card for David Slattery