Private network DNS setup problems

Dave Kaylor dkaylor at poboxes.com
Mon Oct 25 21:18:47 UTC 1999

oooh!  Reply to group worked !

Just want to update, I went in and found the syslog (thanks to the group)
and found an error with "ndc restart".  It showed there was an error in the
named.conf file "near ^M" which was confusing to me.  All I could figure was
that there was an invisible (control) character embedded in the file.  I
deleted named.conf and rewrote it and all worked.  There werre only a few
problems afterward but they went quickly with the use of the syslog.

Thanks again for all the help.

news:7v27dh$rat$1 at eve.enteract.com...