Default Server : Unknown (Still works fine)

iltiaz at my-deja.com iltiaz at my-deja.com
Mon Oct 25 16:41:57 UTC 1999

Hi Everybody,
I have Install DNS Server on my site. Before this we were using ISP DNS
Server. Machines using my DNS works properly except to the fact that
when I run NSLOOKUP command in DOS at my machine , it gives me the my
DNS Server IP Address but it doesn’t give host name of DNS Server.
Under Default Server it shows Unknown. Even with that it is working
fine.  I tried to ping IP, host, Cname everything works.
Secondly machines using ISP DNS Server cannot ping to my machines like
ping machine.domain.net. It gives Bad IP address message.
Can anybody tell me what am I doing wrong?.
Regards
Iltiaz

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.