dns cache

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Mon Oct 25 04:27:54 UTC 1999

In article <003901bf1e09$78081dc0$2e8bfea9 at zhouna>,
zhouna <zhouna at 21cn.com> wrote:
>hi,all
>
>a quick and easy question:
>
>i have a primary dns for a sub-domain a.b.c,and a.b.c is under d.e.f domain.
>
>now, i modified the primary ns for d.e.f,how can i force dns in a.b.c to
>refresh its cache?
>
>i have modified the serial number,but it doesnt work.

You have to tell the administrator of the d.e.f DNS server to update the
delegation record.  It will only update automatically if that server is
configured as a secondary or stub server.  And even if that happens, the
secondary servers for d.e.f may not update.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com