Resolv.conf configurations

Pandit, Tushar tpandit at imps0014.us.dg.com
Fri Oct 22 17:10:50 UTC 1999

Below is the scenario that I am presently facing with my resolver
configurations( I am running Bind 8.2 ).

We have been having one domain(foo.com) uptil now and all the lookups were
done with a particular nameserver - 122.32.34.1.
So our resolv.conf looked like:

domain foo.com
nameserver 122.32.34.1

So anyone doing partial lookups would get answers for ex. nslookup mach1 -
would get back the address of that
machine.

Now we need to  accomodate another domain(bar.com) with a different
nameserver  in our resolv.conf file and see if
 we are able to do partial lookups on it too.

Is there a way where I can provide the two different domains and the two
nameservers in our resolv.conf, so if I did a
lookup(not FQDN) on  a particular machine in the first domain it gives me an
answer. If I did a lookup(not FQDN) on a
machine in bar.com, it may query the first nameserver, not find it there and
go to the next nameserver , where it does find the
answer ?

Thanks.

-Tushar

Tushar Pandit