Not getting all my mail with BIND 4.9.7 on NT

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Fri Oct 22 02:10:37 UTC 1999

	Firstly, don't try to hide the domain.  You are having specific
	problem with a particular address.  Would you hide vital information
	when you go to a doctor or visit a mechanic to get your car fixed!

	We are talking about gizmobeach.com are we not.

	Now you should list all the nameservers in the zone file.

gizmobeach.com.         2D IN NS        NS2.CFWEB.COM.
gizmobeach.com.         2D IN NS        GIZMO1.gizmobeach.com.

	Next you should at least put all the records in what you give us,
	the following was missing below.

gizmobeach.com.         1H IN MX        1 gizmo1.gizmobeach.com.

	Now you are checking your mail on gizmo1.gizmobeach.com?

	If your clients have broken mailers (i.e. they are not looking up
	MX records) then the mail they are sending will end up on
	gizmo2.gizmobeach.com.  I would make sure that gizmo2 redirects
	mail to gizmo1.

	Mark

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org