split-dns config...multiple instances of named

Steve Koch SAKoch at home.com
Thu Oct 21 22:28:54 UTC 1999

Using bind 8.2.x is it possible to run multiple instances of named on
the same machine?  For instance, if I have a dual-homed machine with a
private ip net inside and the external interface goes to the internet.
I want the external interface to advertise the 'real' host names and the
internal interface to advertise my private network.  I see ways of doing
this with the zone type of 'forward' if I were to have a separate
internal and external dns, but I don't see how to do it if I only want
to have one nameserver.  It seems like it could work if I could run a
separate instance of named for each interface, but I can't figure out
how to do that.  Unless there's some parameters within named.conf that
can handle it within one instance of named?  Any ideas?

Steve