DNS error message in messages log

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Thu Oct 21 19:03:52 UTC 1999

In article <380DC495.527949D8 at multiweb.nl>,
Ronald  <r.bezuur at multiweb.nl> wrote:
>I am getting alot of errors from Name server in my messages log, but I
>can't seem to find out what this error means, the errors I'm getting
>are:

I don't see any errors in the log messages you've copied, just query
logging.

Some recent messages in the newsgroup have said that there's a bug in some
recent versions of BIND that cause query logging to be enabled simply by
defining a "queries" logging category, even if you haven't done "ndc
querylog".  Maybe that's your problem.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com