Need input on message : Err/TO and other issues

Farid Hamjavar hamjavar at unm.edu
Wed Oct 20 03:27:51 UTC 1999

Greetings,

bind 8.1.2

Five lines messages below are for a zone-transfer.
nffbi.unm.edu happen to be primary in this case.
Those lines are from logs of the secondary (slave).

Question1:
    With all those descriptive error messages I wonder why
    the transfer finally did go thru?

Question2:
    Am I correct to translate "authoritative" in 2nd line
    to mean that named.conf of nffbi.unm.edu has some
    kind of directive (allow-transfer) preventing the
    transfer? But that can't be as they claim nothing
    has changed on their side!

What is your general thoughts on these errors?

Thanks,
Farid

Err/TO getting serial# for "nffbi.unm.edu"
[198.59.134.25] not authoritative for nffbi.unm.edu, SOA query got rcode 00
host name "nff\008\008" IN (response from [192.203.230.10]) is invalid - proceey
zone transfer timeout for "nffbi.unm.edu"; pid 19394 missing
slave zone "nffbi.unm.edu" (IN) loaded (serial 19991018)