newbie to dns - setting up web server

brady_swen at my-deja.com brady_swen at my-deja.com
Mon Oct 18 21:52:06 UTC 1999

Greetings DNS and BIND masters - I have come to pick your collective
brain because I can't seem to get my named running correctly.  I have a
home built web server running RedHat Linux 6.0 attached to the Internet
on a shared dual T3 connection as a co-location deal with a local ISP.
I do web development stuff and need a web-server, but the ISP wants to
charge out the wazoo for dns service.  So I have a deal with them where
I provide my own primary dns server, the ISP is secondary.  However, I
have tried and failed many times to set up the dns server.  Where is a
good place to look for help?  I have used the DNS HOWTO provided with
my Linux distrib... can anyone guide me though the basic steps?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.