Split Brain and Authoritativeness (Problems)

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed Oct 13 20:36:19 UTC 1999

Make sure that all internal name servers forward to the external
interface, and "forward only" (or "slave") to that one.

I have only the external interface in my root cache.  That is the only
place that the internal servers can learn the current root name
servers, anyway!

Make sure that your serial numbers get updated with each change to your
zone files, or they WILL not get propagated.

If you are using the default BIND with Solaris 2.[56], that is a 4.*
release known to have certain vulnerabilities.  Go to www.isc.org for a
current version.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B